8 tips to reduce the risk of cancer
By Courtesy Of World Cancer Research Fund
1. Thin is in, but don’t become underweight. Maintain a healthy weight via a balanced diet and regular exercise
2. Exercise for at least 30 minutes a day. Walking is good – it can protect you from breast and bowel cancer
3. Cut sugary drinks and fast foods from your diet. They only add weight. Instead of burgers, fries, fried chicken, pizza, chocolate, crisps and biscuits, eat nuts or seeds.
4. Eat vegetables, fruit, wholegrains and pulses = add brown rice, wholemeal bread, pasta, pulses with each meal.
5. Restrict intake of red meat and avoid processed meat as they can cause bowel cancer.
6. Cut down on alcohol – if you can’t live without it – no more than two glasses a day for men, 1 glass a day for women.
7. Reduce the intake of salty food as they can cause stomach cancer. Bread, breakfast cereals are processed foods that contain a lot of salt.
8. Avoid supplements. Stick to a balanced diet. Supplements are only for those who are advised by their physician to take it them.
Have a question? Please email me at vidzword at gmail dot com