Nothing like a little D.I.Y. (Do It Yourself) to make yourself feel good, if not better. All it takes is ten minutes. Go on. Try some of these. Exercise is a big stress-reliever!
- Stand with feet apart, toes forward. Shift your weight from side to side gently.
- Go barefoot and roll one foot at a time over a tennis ball or a firm can.
- Stand up straight, tuck your coccyx (tailbone) in and reach your arms up over your head as high as you can.
- Stand or sit up tall, clasp your hands behind your back, and raise your arms slightly away from your body to loosen tension in your shoulders and back.
- Calf stretch: place the ball of one foot on a step and let the heel drop; repeat for the other foot.
- Stand in a doorway, lift your arms and press your palms as hard as you can against the doorframe. Hold for 3 seconds, repeat 5 times.
- Stretch your hips. Sitting in a chair, put your right ankle on your left knee and fold at the waist. Hold for 5 breaths, switch legs and repeat.
- Stand up, bend forward, and let your arms hang loose.
- Stand up and touch your toes.
- Stand with arms by your side. Inhale, while standing on your toes, and raising your arms overhead. Exhale and release.
- Make the letter “O” by bringing together your thumb and index finger. Straighten your fingers, and then repeat with your other fingers on each hand.
- Take off your shoes and make 10 circles with each foot to stretch your ankles.
- Sit down, extend your legs and point your toes. Repeat 10 times. Point your toes and flex for extra resistance.
- When sitting at your computer, keep your forearms level with your keyboard and rotate your wrists 10 times.
- Take a deep breath. Shrug your shoulders in a circle five times – a good way to get rid of tension and improve posture.
And now, give yourself a big hug. Stretch your back, arms and shoulders. Love yourself!
And stay healthy!