Adding natural color to your diet is a great way to add health, especially in the form of a super fruit such as blueberries
Berries of all kinds are healthy, but blueberries literally head the bunch when considering nutritional benefits. Here is why.
Nutritional benefits of blueberries
- good source of vitamin C, manganese, and dietary fiber,
- only 80 calories per cup, you can enjoy them guilt-free!
- The flavor ranges from sweet to tart and tangy and taste yum!
The health benefits of super fruit blueberries
Blueberries protect against
- heart disease
- diminished eyesight
- the effects of aging.
Because of their antioxidant activity, blueberries are way ahead of other fruits and vegetables. Anthocyanin, the antioxidant that gives the blueberry its deep blue pigment, makes blueberries one of the healthiest food choices in the fight against aging.
How can you enjoy the delicious taste of blueberries?
- add them to muffins, smoothies, yogurt, pancakes,
- add them to your breakfast bowl of cereal.
- eat them plain to savor the flavor.
- enjoy them as dessert or a snack
Blueberry season is usually May to October – so be sure to eat plenty and enjoy the health benefits! Of course, you can also buy them from stores.