Detox is the buzzword today, and it can apply to physical, mental, and emotional detox. After all, it makes sense to get rid of any kind of toxins in order to enjoy good health.
With reference to physical health, detoxification relates to the conversion of toxic substances into wastes that our body can naturally eliminate. Toxins in our body can come from the medication we take, our hormones, chemicals, food additives, the cosmetics we use, household cleaning products, pollution in the environment, cellular waste and bacterial or viral endotoxins. All of this is excreted by our body as waste via the bowel and bladder, and of course, the skin, mucous, our breath, and in women, menstruation.
Detox is not a new concept and has been in practice for millennia. In fact, traditional healing practices have always included it as part of their regimen. Our liver is tuned to detoxify the body, but depending on lifestyles and habits, it can feel overloaded, leading to signs that indicate a detox is in order. These signs can include fatigue, high levels of cholesterol and triglycerides, inflammation, allergies, a sense of bloat, thyroid and hormonal imbalance, adrenal fatigue, infections, digestion issues, unhealthy weight gain, and of course, make blood sugar levels go out of whack. Being overweight can bring its own bunch of serious health issues.
Flushing out toxins is necessary to live healthy and maintain a healthy weight.
How to start a healthy detox regimen
Regardless of which detox program you decide to use, talk to your healthcare provider to determine what is safe for you, based on your age and specific health status. As we grow older, it gets harder to lose weight and keep it off, and lifestyle changes alone may not take us to our healthy weight goals.
Here are some tips to help you detox and lose weight.
- Swap processed foods for healthy foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean meats and fish.
- Drink enough water to stay hydrated.
- Cut back on processed sugar.
- If you smoke, kick the butt. No cutting down! Just make a clean break. When it comes to lifestyle changes, just do it.
- Eat healthy, eat right. Eat nutritious and healthy foods in the right portions. Overeating or eating the wrong foods can raise your blood sugar levels, along with leading to weight gain. Portion control will keep your digestion happy, regulate your glucose better and prevent excess fat and sugar. Get enough fiber and protein in your diet. Fiber facilitates the elimination of waste by your body and protein keeps you full. Eat non-starchy vegetables.
- Encourage the detox process. Even as you avoid foods that are toxic and cause inflammation, make it easier for your detox program to work. This means sweating to get rid of toxins from the blood—and you can do this via exercise, detox massage, yoga, sauna, and so on.
- Get enough sleep. Hectic lifestyles often mean staying up late. And you know that sleep helps your body detox and heal. Skimping on sleep will lead to toxin build up and weight gain. So make sure you get enough sleep.
- Get the right nutrients. Health supplements can make a great addition to your detox program, providing your body with the key nutrients it needs to stay healthy. Chan Supplements offer a holistic mind and body approach to weight management and healthy detox through their trio of effective supplements, which includes Feel Good Detox, Look Good Slim, and Be Good Trim.
Feel Good Detox is a detox cleanse that supports the vital organs associated with detoxification, effectively cleansing and providing a balanced environment. By boosting the immune system it enables detoxification, by ensuring the proper nutrients and fluids are present to support the stomach, liver, spleen, and intestines. Ingredient herbs include Dandelion, Dong quai, Fo-ti, Cassia, Chinese rhubarb, Licorice, Tienchi Ginseng, Bai-zhu Atractylodes, Mangosteen, and Aloe Vera.
Look Good Slim provides dual action weight loss by helping to reduce unwanted fat and acts as an appetite suppressant, while promoting a positive mood. Ingredients include Garcinia Cambogia, Kelp Extract, Grape Seed Extract, and Griffonia Simplicifolia (5-HTP).
Be Good Trim formula is a carb and fat blocker that combines ID-alG™ with Kelp Extract, Grape Seed Extract, Turmeric (rhizome), and Chinese Hawthorn fruit for a healthy, all-natural weight loss supplement you can take daily. It has been clinically proven to help control weight and boost metabolism.
The benefits of using Chan Supplements for detoxification and weight loss
Chan Supplements are vegan, 100% gluten free, and offer a healthy three-part mind and body approach to weight loss, detox and long-term weight management, derived from 1000 year old herbs. They do not contain preservatives, soy, artificial colorings, artificial fillers, or stearates. The following are common results, but of course yours may vary!
- You feel more energetic
- When you eliminate toxic foods from your diet and focus on fresh fruits, vegetables and other healthy foods, your energy is naturally restored
- Your body loses excess waste
- Detoxing helps your liver, kidneys and colon eliminate waste efficiently
- You can lose weight
- Your immune system becomes stronger as your body functions exactly as it should, absorbing the nutrients it needs.
- Your skin can appear more glowing, as it clears up from the detox and your hair appears healthier
- You lose bad breath and your digestion improves
- You develop healthy habits since a detox program is a great way to stick to the healthy choices you make
- Overall, you can feel lighter and look younger
Detoxing makes you feel great, whether your goal is to lose weight or to just switch to a healthier you. Life gets better, your relationships get better, and you become more productive at work.
Detox does not have to mean going hungry or eating food you don’t like. Choose a quality program, live healthy, and stay healthy!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Chan Supplements.
About Chan Supplements
Chan Supplements offer a holistic mind and body approach to weight management and detox. Their principles are derived from the ancient teachings of Traditional Chinese Medicine and its health-centric lifestyle to Western civilization. Their tried and tested formulae tackle health issues at both the mind and body level.
Their inspiration comes from Lake Mapam Yutso or “Holy Lake” in Tibet where Buddhists and Hindus visit to worship the holy water, which they believe will get rid of all negative emotions like greed, anger, jealousy, and more.
Chan’s goal is to create that same peace and satisfaction one would receive from Lake Mapam Yutso. According to them, “We are dedicated to helping you find your Zen, which means finding your happiness and peace. Deeply rooted in Taoism and it traditional teachings, our high quality all-natural ingredients will assist in the mind and body approach you need for your well-being and physical health.”
Important: Please note:
While supplements may improve your health, it is important to consult your doctor before you begin taking any new dietary supplement.
Children and women who are pregnant or lactating should not use Chan’s herbal detox pills. You should always remember to close the bottle when not in use, store it in a cool, dry place, and use the supplements only as directed.