- Stay mobile – keep moving to increase your blood circulation and keep your tissues flexible
- Make sure you get regular exercise – if your muscles are weak, you increase your risk for back pain
- Watch your posture – Sit up straight since slouching can strain your spine.
- When you bend over, bend your knees to minimize the stress on your back joints
- Maintain healthy weight as excess weight can increase the pressure on your vertebrae and discs
- Keep your computer monitor and keyboard directly in front of you at work.
- To keep your spine properly aligned, sleep on a supportive mattress and pillow.
- Avoid sleeping on your stomach as it can stress your neck and lower back
- Do not lift weights that are too heavy for you as this can overload the spine and cause disc compression
- Keep your spine healthy by getting it checked regularly
Have a question? Please email me at vidzword at gmail dot com