- Never skip meals. To maintain your blood sugar levels, it is better to eat small amounts more often.
- Eat two snacks per day in addition to your usual three meals.
- Eat protein at both lunch and supper.
- Reduce fat and sugar consumption.
- Drink eight glasses of water per day.
- Make sure you eat at least three portions of fruit and vegetables (preferably green leafy ones) every day.
- Keep salt consumption to a minimum as salt makes your body water-retentive.
- Make sure you eat a diet rich in magnesium, iron, zinc and chromium, essential fatty acids and vitamins B, C and E. Eat fish at least twice during this time.
- Increase your intake of complex carbohydrates (for example, pasta and rice).
- Avoid caffeine, which is found in coffee, tea, cola drinks and chocolate
Have a question? Please email me at vidzword at gmail dot com