Headaches have a variety of causes and triggers, but stress is a common factor in many types of headache. The US National Library of Medicine and HealthDay offer these suggestions to lessen stress and reduce your chances of a headache.
- Get plenty of sleep every night;
- maintain a healthy diet, including staying away from junk food;
- don’t smoke;
- get plenty of regular exercise;
- stretch your neck, shoulders and upper body frequently – this is particularly important if you work all day at a desk or computer;
- maintain good posture; and
- practice meditation, yoga or deep breathing techniques.
Have a question? Please email me at vidzword at gmail dot com