Turmeric is considered one of nature’s most powerful healers. The medicinal properties of this spice have been known for centuries. The active ingredient in turmeric is curcumin. Turmeric is an effective anti-inflammatory and treats many health conditions from cancer to Alzheimer’s disease.
In India, turmeric has been used for over three thousand years both as a dye and in diet and is considered traditionally auspicious.
Here are 20 reasons to use turmeric to your diet:
1. Turmeric has natural antiseptic and antibacterial properties and disinfects cuts and burns
2. Combining turmeric to cauliflower is said to prevent and control prostate cancer
3. Prevents spreading of breast cancer to the lungs.
4. May prevent melanoma and cause existing melanoma cells to self-destruct
5. Reduces the risk of childhood leukemia.
6. Detoxifies the liver naturally
7. Likely to prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease
8. Prevents metastases from occurring in many types of cancer.
9. Effective natural anti-inflammatory without side effects
10. Could slow down progression of multiple sclerosis
11. Is a natural painkiller and cox-2 inhibitor.
12. Helps fat metabolism and help in weight management.
13. Treats depression.
14. Natural treatment for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
15. Boosts the effects of chemo drug paclitaxel and reduces its side effects.
16. Treats pancreatic cancer.
17. Has positive effects on multiple myeloma.
18. Can stop the growth of new blood vessels in tumors.
19. Heals wounds and corrects damaged skin.
20. Can treat psoriasis and other inflammatory skin conditions.
Turmeric can be taken in powder or pill form. In South India, almost all savory dishes use a pinch of turmeric in the seasoning. If you are pregnant or have gallstones or bile obstruction, consult your doctor before using turmeric.
Have a question? Please email me at vidzword at gmail dot com