Each time you go for a medical test – you are so concerned about your ‘bad’ cholesterol levels that the ‘good’ cholesterol levels take a backseat. What is important to note is that if your ‘good’ or HDL cholesterol is lower than it should be, you could increase your risk of memory loss and dementia – and clinical studies have proved it.
So, the question is – how do you keep your cholesterol levels in balance? Here are some action points:
– regular exercise – aerobics, walking, cycling, swimming, jogging – whatever suits you.
– are you the right weight? work on losing that extra weight
– cut out trans fats and artificial sweeteners – they are up to NO good
– are you getting enough soluble fiber? oats? fruits?
– here’s a tough one 🙂 – stop smoking. really.
– berries are super fruits. cranberry, acai berry, bilberry – are all rich in antioxidants and prevent a lot of diseases, while boosting your immunity. Don’t go for the commercial stuff – look for the natural juice.
It is not as hard as you think to live a healthy lifestyle – with healthy food and snacks. You owe it to yourself to gift yourself a happy life.
Have a question? Please email me at vidzword at gmail dot com