And the good news? Here are ten ways to make your digestion easier when you’re pregnant:
- Make sure you drink at least eight large glasses of water during the day.
- Add enough fruits and vegetables to your diet. Prunes are great
- Load up on fiber to make life easy for your intestines. This means whole grains like oats, barley, brown rice.
- Go easy on refined carbohydrates like flour and sugar
- Cheese can make you feel constipated. So, avoid processed cheese
- Go for nuts and seeds, ground.
- Get regular exercise on a daily basis. You could walk for at least 20 minutes
- Keep stress under control
- If you have to go to the bathroom, please go.
- For those tough digestion days, go for a natural remedy. Soak a tablespoon of flaxseeds in water and drink. Or try prune juice.
It all boils down to this: drink lots of water, eat lots of fresh fruit and vegetables – and get enough exercise. And feel the difference!
Have a question? Please email me at vidzword at gmail dot com