- Cut down on fat intake.
- Quit smoking (yes, really)
- Avoid late night snacking. Your body needs time to digest a meal before you lie down.
- While fresh fruit and vegetables are rich in fiber and healthy, tomatoes and onions can raise the acid levels in your stomach, so go easy on these.
- Avoid tight-fitting clothes especially around the abdomen as this makes digestion more difficult.
- Cut down on alcohol – too much causes heartburn.
- Avoid spicy food and too much salt and vinegar.
- Caffeine is bad news. So cut down on tea and coffee.
- Stress makes a mess of your digestive process and raises stomach acid/ So – de-stress. Relax.
- Exercise helps heartburn – regular exercise, that is.
- Switch to a healthy diet
- Eat slowly. Gobbling it all up quickly makes it tough on the stomach and increases the risk of heartburn.
Have a question? Please email me at vidzword at gmail dot com