Another common digestive problem – and one that almost all of us suffer at some point or other.
How to prevent it?
- Increase your daily dietary fiber intake
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet
- Drink six to eight glasses of water daily
- Exercise three to four times weekly
If you experience pain, see blood in your stools or just about anything that scares you, please visit your doctor
Here are some foods you should include in your diet to fight and prevent constipaton:
- Cereals like Hi-fibre Bran and All Bran cereals, fruit and bran cereals, muesli
- Oats porridge
- Breads and grains like rye bread, wholewheat and brown bread, wheat biscuits, wholewheat pasta
- Dried fruit
- Fresh fruit like figs, oranges, grapefruit, apples, bananas
- Vegetables like broccoli, Brussels sprouts, butternut, green beans, brinjal, cooked beans, lentils and split peas, sweet potato, potato carrots, spinach, beetroot, cabbage, cauliflower
- nuts, beans
Have a question? Please email me at vidzword at gmail dot com