- Make sure you eat a balanced diet that has sufficient dietary fiber (this includes the soluble and insoluble kind) This means unsifted and unprocessed grains and cereals, fruit and vegetables, legumes. (You might like: why whole grains in our diet)
- Consume foods that are rich in oligosaccharides. For example, asparagus, onions, garlic, mushrooms
- Include yogurt in your daily diet along with fermented milk products.
- You may want to consider microflora supplements with Lactobacilli, or Bifidobacteria – talk to your doc before you do this, though.
- Drink plenty of water every day to hydrate your system and regulate bowel movements.
- Get regular exercise from brisk walks to rev up your metabolism and keep that digestive system functioning smoothly.
- De-stress – as too much stress can result in diarrhea or constipation. Try relaxation techniques.
Thanks! I really enjoy doing this. I checked out your site. Interesting.