- Opt for six to eight small meals a day rather than three large ones.
- Go for bland foods (not too spicy, greasy or sweet), that aren’t too hot or cold.
- Between meals, sip cool drinks such as fruit juices, sports drinks and nutritional shakes. If you’ve lost fluids through vomiting this helps. Avoid drinking fluids with meals.
- To relieve nausea, try dry toast, plain biscuits and cereal as these are are often easy to keep down.
- Relax for half an hour after eating, but wait at least an hour before lying down. Recline, rather than lie down, if you have to.
- Avoid working with food: cooking smells and the sight and smell of raw food can trigger nausea.
- Ask your doctor about anti-nausea medication.
Do you have tips to share?
Have a question? Please email me at vidzword at gmail dot com