What a headache!
Headaches are bad. Migraines are worse.
If you’ve suffered a migraine even once, you know what real pain is. It becomes near-impossible to carry on with your routine and be normal. Painkillers and a dark room may sound like what you really want, but even that does not always spell relief.
Okay, is there any good news at all?
Yes. You can prevent a migraine or at least minimize the chances of developing one. Here’s how:
- Stay away from foods like cheese, chocolate, soya sauce, artificially colored food, yeast extracts, some citrus fruits and foods with MSG as these are known to trigger severe headaches
- Avoid alcohol and red wine in particular
- If you develop a migraine attack during your premenstrual phase, ask your gynecologist if you need to change your current pill.
- Sleep well. Get stress relief.
- Don’t skip your regular cup of tea or coffee as this is known to trigger an attack
- Avoid over-the-counter self-medication. Ask your doctor for the right painkiller
- Get your blood pressure checked
- Run away from bright or flickering lights – these can trigger an attack.
Have a question? Please email me at vidzword at gmail dot com