Ear ache – when to see the doctor
- When the earache feels like it is blocking your hearing and you feel a sort of fullness in your ear. If you also have a fever or experienced a respiratory tract infection, see your doctor. If the patient is a baby, rush.
- When you often get an ear infection, it could get worse and eventually result in hearing loss.
- When you have problems with hearing because of the infection.
- When you have a ear ache along with nausea and diarrhea.
- When you have an almost constant nasal congestion
- If you feel dizzy or sense a change in balance.
If your eardrum appears yellow/red or bulging when the doctor examines it with an otoscope – a special intrument that lets her view inside your ear. Left untreated, acute ear infections can create pressure in the middle ear and cause the ear drum to burst. When this happens, the fever and pain recede, and the pus drains into the ear canal.
Have a question? Please email me at vidzword at gmail dot com