Having trouble sleeping?
Some of us sleep like a baby – and some of us don’t. Many things could cause insomnia, such as existing medical problems or high caffeine consumption. Here are six ways in which you can try to prevent insomnia if you have a problem drifting off to sleep the moment your head hits your pillow:
- Avoid heavy meals late at night. Ideally, your last meal should be at least three hours before going to bed.
- Exercise is supposed to help you sleep, but not if you exercise just before bedtime.
- It is useful to remember that your bed is for sleeping. So that means watching TV in bed is out
- If you have the habit of napping during the day, try and cut down. Don’t nap at least within 7-8 hours of bedtime.
- Avoid coffee or alcohol in the evenings
- It helps to maintain a journal of your sleep history – as it could help identify the cause of your sleeplessness
Obviously, a good night’s sleep is essential to good health. Make sure you get yours!
Have a question? Please email me at vidzword at gmail dot com