Five reasons why you should enjoy Yogurt
MMMM….Yogurt!! This is one of my most favorite snacks.
Given the option of a soft drink and curd/yogurt, I’d rather go
for the curd every time. In South Indian families in India, curd
is part of the staple diet, especially for vegetarians. And with
good reason. Here are five of them:
- Fresh yogurt is rich in bacteria that makes lactic acid – which balances acid in the stomach
- Fresh yogurt protects your gastro intestinal system, helping in food digestion
- Lactic acid makes the digestive tract more acidid, helping the balance of flora that promotes proper bowel movements
- Fresh yogurt gets rid of gas
- Fresh yogurt prevents diarrhea
Preferably, go for the homemade yogurt – as the benefits are manifold compared with commercial stuff that loses most of the lactic acid producing bacteria Streptococcus thermophilus and Lactobacillus bulgaricus – the heroes that help in proper digestion in our body. Enhance the yogurt with fresh fruit and berries, if you like!
Do write to me if you’d like some simple recipes with yogurt!
Have a question? Please email me at vidzword at gmail dot com